Travel TopOfBlogs Past and future wanderings of a travel bug . . .: My (Travel) Bucket List

Sunday, October 24, 2010

My (Travel) Bucket List

Most of us have goals that we may only ever dream about.  For me, many of those goals have focused on travel.   I have been fortunate to have been able to cross a few things off my own bucket list.  So I thought I would take the opportunity to share it here with you.  Since I have already managed to cross a few things off my list I have had to come up with new things to add to it as well.

Enjoy!

My Original (Travel) Bucket List

I've checked the following off the list!

-Visit the acropolis in Athens, Greece.
-See the pyramids at Giza in Egypt.
-See Paris from the top of the Arc de Triomphe
-Travel through the streets of London on the top deck of a double decker bus.
-See the Canadian flag that stands at Vimy in France.
-Listen to Galway Girl in a real Irish pub.
-Ride in a hot air balloon. (this was in Luxor, Egypt)
-Take a cruise on Loch Ness.
-Visit the Alcazar in Segovia, Spain.
-Whitewater rafted the Kicking Horse River in Beautiful British Columbia.

This is just the tip of the iceberg...
My new and improved list is too long to include everything but here are some of the highlights:

-See the maritime provinces of my own country--I have only been to Newfoundland so far, but never to Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia or New Brunswick.
-Climb a bigger mountain--I can say this because I've actually climbed two, one called Marble Mountain here in Canada and Mt Sinai in Egypt--I hope one day to tackle Mt. Kilimanjaro.
-See Macchu Picchu after having hiked the Inca Trail.
-See Bath and Stonehenge--I spent a long time in the UK and missed out on these!
-Sample sushi in Tokyo and see some traditional kabuki theatre in Japan as well.
-Walk along the Great Wall in China.
-Wander through the streets of Moscow.
-Visit the many amazing people I have met from Down Under.
-Go on Safari in Africa....

And too many more to list here.  I hope that I have only seen the start of my adventures and that they will continue for many more years to come.

Next time The Working Holiday and why I wish I would have known about this sooner!

Happy traveling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics